Day 228: What Small Act Have You Done That May Have Changed the World? 10 Small Acts Here!
I recently came across this documentary called “A Small Act“. It amazed me to the point I wanted to share it. It’s the story of one women that sponsored a child in Kenya who came back years later to thank her for her support. He is now creating huge change in the world especially in Africa. 365give’s mission is all about doing small acts of giving that cause a ripple effect just like this one. By helping just one person, in this case one child, it has caused a ripple effect on the other side of the world that continues even today.
Day 228: Give 228
Giving has been called many things to catch peoples attention – Random Acts of Kindness, A Small Act of Kindness, A Good Samaritan. At the end of the day it is one person taking the time to give to another person, an animal or the planet to show that you care. We all have the ability to give in our lives no matter what your race, religion, financial status or age (my son is 3 and gives all the time).
If you knew what the outcome of every “give” you completed was going to be would you give more?
What if every “give” you do does have an effect and you just can’t see it?
What if every random act of kindness, every good samaritan act or small act was counted for the effect it created?
How many would it add up to in a day, a week, a year. What if you just did one and it created a change that went on for generations like it has for Hilde Back that sponsored one child so many years ago.
Here are the 365give “Top 10 Small Acts” that will change the world whether we know it or not.
2) Adopt a pet through your local shelter (SPCA)
3) Donate your baby’s unneeded items directly to a mother with nothing (Spectrum)
4) Plant a tree (Love Trees)
5) Pick up garbage at your local park
6) Baby sit for a single parent
7) Read, talk to or take an elder person to lunch
9) Buy a person living on the street lunch and talk to them
10) Help your child start a giving project at school to educate the next generation to give (start a 365give project in class for the school year)
It takes just one give to create change. What will you do today to give? Share you stories with us we love to hear what you are doing to give back to the world.
Time Commitment: 5 minutes to hours
Cost: 0 – $35.00 a month