Community Service Is A Great Way To Give And Spread Happiness
Community Service. How can you give and spread happiness with a group? And what is it anyway? Is it volunteerism, is it service learning? The bare bones of community service is doing something that benefits your community. Whether you are doing it to enhance your resume, your skills, as a direction from your school or work, or just because you want to be a greater part of your community, participating in community service will make you happier and spread happiness to others.
Imagine this. You round up a bunch of friends and clean up a local small park. With garbage bags, plastic gloves and a lot of energy, you all clean up the trash in your community play ground. In an hour you feel great about your give. Local families thank you for your work. They feel great and are inspired to keep their park clean. That type of give done as a group is pure happiness and inspiration at its best.
What Is Community Service?
Small acts when multiplied by millions of people can transform the world.
Community Service is a project completed by a group. It can be a short term project, seasonal project or in the case above a one day project. Community service lets us participate in the health and welfare of our community to enhance well being, and improve our communities. Along with volunteerism, Community Service is a way of giving, and is a daily give! No matter what you choose to do, your community service is creating happiness. It is a win-win happiness situation when both the givers and receivers feel the effects of your daily give.
Examples of Community Service Gives – Spread a Bit of Happiness With These Ideas
“There are few things more powerful than people united.”
Looking to try out the happiness factor of community service gives? Well here are some examples of community service that are simple, easy and fun to do.
- Start a Neighbourhood Watch Group – Looking after your neighbourhood through a neighbour watch group is a wonderful way to improve your community. Use the power of social media to create a local group that communicates safety, fun things to do and local projects that can benefit from an hours give. Watch the smiles increase in your community as you look after the well being of your neighbourhood.
- Food Collection Day – Have a community or workplace canned food drive to benefit a local food bank. Having a group bring in one can of food multiples into a lot of meals! Give it a try and see how many people benefit from this easy give.
- Start a Community Garden – This give is a great way to feed your neighbours, yourselves or kids at schools. For a few months a year, a group of people can feed an entire community with a project like this.
- Spread the Word About Recycling In Your Community – Not everyone knows where to recycle in their communities. Start an awareness campaign that educates people about local recycling options, what can be recycled and how to decrease their waste in your community. This powerful planet give will ripple to others as you empower people with information.
- Share A Skill – Do you have a group of friends who share a skill? Do you want to learn a skill from an expert. Share information with others in your neighbourhood, or use your skills to benefits kids. Coach a local sports team, teach an art class once a month, share your gardening knowledge, or host local walks around your neighbourhood. These are powerful gives that unite communities.
Check out what others are doing for #communityservice on Instagram. The stories are inspirational and could start you on your first community service give.
How Community Service Spreads Happiness
Read our Happiness Research and see how giving increases happiness. The power of a community service give comes down to numbers. If 20 people complete a give together, and 50 people benefit in your neighbourhood, one give reaches 50 people. Now that is powerful! The ripple effect of giving wont stop there. ONce your neighbours experience the joy of giving, they will join in and want to create similar reactions in themselves and others. This is how the ripple begins!
Join our 365give community to start your daily giving practice. By getting your free membership you will have resources at your finger tips to start spreading happiness every day through small acts of giving. Why not increase your happiness the easy way and inspire others to do the same. It is truly as easy as 1.2.3.