Be The Happiness Leader At Work With The 365give Challenge
One of our favourite new employee and executive titles that’s popping up in companies all over the world is “Chief Happiness Officer!” Companies are now realizing that the happiness and well-being of their employees, their clients and benefits not only their people but their bottom line. Taking care of everyone’s well-being is a win-win situation!
Over a decade ago author Shawn Anchor talked about happiness at work on the TED stage which was based on his book The Happiness Advantage. It’s one of the funniest talks you will watch but one that will make you look at happiness at work differently.
Here are ten reasons why happiness at work is so important:
- A happy brain performs significantly better than a stressed brain
- Intelligence increases
- Creativity Increases
- Energy increases
- Productivity Increases
- Reliance increases
- Physical Health Increases
- Mental Health Increases
- Well-being Increases
- Employee Turnover Decreases
“Companies like Google have invested more in employee support and employee satisfaction has risen as a result. For Google, it rose by 37 percent; they know what they are talking about. Under scientifically controlled conditions, making workers happier really pays off.” Andrew Oswald, Happiness & Productivity Research
One of the leading suggestions Anchor makes in his book to increase happiness is kindness and giving back. We agree and this is what science tells us about the positive effects of giving. Happiness and giving go hand in hand!
- The Helpers High: Small acts of giving increase key physical neurobiological responses that make us feel happy, energetic, love and rewarded. (Dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, and endorphins.)
- Repeated acts of giving every day continue to keep happiness leveled up and steady over time.
- Creating a giving program at work with all employees participating creates a social bond that is the number one way to increase personal happiness.
- Creating purpose and meaning in the workplace increases well-being.
- Giving reduces stress (cortisol)
This makes The 365give Challenge a great way to increase happiness for everyone and make a big impact on the world. It’s easy to get started and easy to create happy leaders through out your entire company.
Sign up and start The 365give Challenge today! Happiness at work will be your greatest investment.