5 Gives for Grandparents On Grandparents Day
Happy Grandparents Day!
September 8th is National Grandparents Day. It was created for a very specific reason. “To acknowledge their importance to the structure of the family in the nurturing, upbringing and education of children.”
What better way to celebrate all grandparents then to make them recipients of your 365give. Giving (and receiving) is for everyone, no matter what age or where they live. Don’t have a grandparent in your life? No worries. Include a special senior that you can give a little something special to that recognizes their contribution to the world.
5 Easy 365give’s for Grandparents
1) Time – Grandparents have lots of free time and the most precious gift you can give them is some of yours. Book some quality time together by going for a walk, having lunch together or playing a game of cards!
2) Note of Gratitude – Grandparents dedicate their time not only to the upbringing of their own children but the support, care and love for their grandchildren. Write a hand written note, make a card or even an email sharing what you love and value about them.
3) Sweet Treat – Bake their favourite cookies or dessert and surprise them! A sweet treat will go a long way to show how much you love them.
4) The Grandparent Selfie – Take a selfie of you and your grandparents and frame it for them. Yes – really print it out and put it in a frame. I know it may sound “old fashion” but so are your parents and they will love looking at it each day.
5) Give Together – There is nothing better than giving together. Plan sometime where you can give together. A visit to your local animal shelter, making food for the homeless, helping to declutter your closet or theirs and donating the items you dont need any longer. Your grandparents will love knowing you have a big heart and doing your part to give back to the world. They will also love participating in your life and community! Giving makes everyone happy.
Our grandparents have given us so much. Take some time on National Grandparent Day to give a little back. Need some more inspiration to 365give? Sign up for our daily giving inspiration emails to have a daily giving ideas come right to your inbox every day!