10 Effortless Ways to Put Love into Action Every Single Day
Love is not just a powerful feeling but is also a powerful action. Love makes us feel good, happy, and even brave. It is an incredibly strong emotion that can completely change our perspective on situations and life.
We could all experience a bad day, but one small act of love can help to erase all the shortcomings of the day to make it a brighter day. This is primarily due to the various hormones associated with it: serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and endorphins, which are also known as the happy hormones!
An easy way to trigger these hormones, which can help you feel a little happier each day, is by adding a little love through your actions.
Spread Love To People Around You With These Gives
- Help around the house – Whether it be taking out the trash, washing the dishes or folding laundry. Helping around the house to make your environment cleaner and comfortable, can help trigger your dopamine as you complete simple tasks around the house.
- Hold the door for someone – Holding the door for the person behind you may seem small and simple but can be incredibly impactful. The person behind you may not have the strength to pull the door open or they might have their hands full with groceries, so holding the door could bring a smile to their face which can bring a smile to yours
- Please and Thank You’s – This is a simple effortless action which puts love into action. Making a habit of saying please and thank you goes a long way in showing that you care and respect the people around you and their actions.
- Get a snack for your friend/colleague – Oftentimes, we can get caught up with our schedule we can forget to eat sometimes! So, a wonderful way to show that you care about your fellow friends studying for their finals or your colleague who is working hard to meet a deadline is to get them a little snack or drink to help them power through
- Give a Hug – Hugs have an immense effect on people. Hugs help to reduce stress, provide comfort and promote a sense of security and safety during overwhelming and distressing times. So why not consider giving the people around you a hug? This can help them feel less fearful and anxious and allow them to release the negative emotions they are bottling up.
- Tell someone you love them – There is never a wrong time to tell someone that you love them. At times, we may lose sight of our feelings for the people around us. It can be easy for us to see through our daily efforts in our friendships or relationships. So, we need to remind them and ourselves how much we appreciate their presence in our lives.
- Express your gratitude – Telling someone how much you appreciate them is an easy way to put love into action. Expressing your gratitude for the people around you will not only highlight their importance in your life but also provide perspective on the role they have played in your life and how their actions have benefited and positively affected you.
- Give a compliment – Compliments are a great way to boost the confidence in others. It can also help them realise something about themselves they might not have noticed before. This can help them feel better about themselves boosting their happy hormones.
- Check in with the people around you – As it can be difficult to keep in touch with everyone, take the time to send a quick message or call to check in with the ones you have not seen or heard from in a while. This check-in shows your care for their mental and physical well-being.
- Make a meal – One way to show your love for someone is through their stomachs! Taking the time to make a simple meal for someone not only saves them the time and energy to make food after a long day but also shows your love and care for them.
These actions may be small but with love they have immense effects to spread happiness and joy to the people around you. For more ideas on how to give and spread more love to the people around you, check out 365give(https://www.365give.ca/). So why not start spreading a little love by showing a little love?