Happy New Year from 365give
2011 is here and with it comes a list of New Year’s resolutions. Lose weight, get out of debt, start a fitness program, quit smoking – I am sure there is a top 10 list already created. I am asking you to put one new resolution on your list.
Resolution #1: To GIVE more. Make a commitment in your life to open you eyes and your heart and GIVE every day.
I am on day 93 of 365days of giving and I can tell you, it’s easy to do. A GIVE doesn’t have to take a lot of time or money. I have put together my top 7 GIVES, one for each day of the week. When you commit to giving all of a sudden you will see opportunities to GIVE back to your community, the planet, a friend, college even an animal.
365give top 7 GIVES for 2011
1) Pick up 1 piece of garbage and save our oceans, water ways and animal life within these eco systems from more pollution.
2) Buy a homeless person a coffee and muffin / bagel. Take the time to say good morning. Respect and consideration goes so far to other human beings no matter what their life circumstance.
4) Get a KIVA loan ($25 minimum commitment) and you will be able to reinvest it all year to help others get themselves out of poverty.
5) Stop and help the women with her stroller on the subway stairs, office tower stairs – being a Mom and trying to juggle kids, life, jobs and strollers is the toughest job on earth.
6) Make a stop online at The Hunger Site and you can choose to support a different cause every day for free with just a click. Hunger, breast cancer, rain forests, literacy – one click no cost to you and these organizations get the support they need. You don’t even have to leave your chair.
7) Make the 365give Commitment to GIVE more in your life every day. Share it with others, Tweet about it, Facebook it, email it out so we can all spread the word about giving. If we all did one GIVE every day to help make the world a better place – it would be.
I wish you and your family a happy and inspiring 2011. I look forward to hearing your stories of GIVING over the next year.
Jacqueline / Founder 365give