Why Giving vs Kindness? Am I Getting It Right?
We are often asked why 365give refers to “giving” vs “ kindness” or “charity?” What’s the difference?
Giving is defined as “to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation.”
So the answer is simple. 365give is the umbrella that embraces it all. The best of humanity with no expectation of anything in return. It can be planned, it can be random – it can “pay it forward”.
It includes all the goodness that our brains and our bodies were born to do.
- Global Citizenship
- Social Good
- Good Will
The added benefit: Giving reduce our stress and makes us happy. Research proves it!
Giving can be directed towards all parts of our world. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time and it doesn’t have to cost a dime. Here are just a few ideas to get you going and you will find so much more here.
Give to our Planet:
- Pick up garbage when you are out for a walk
- Upcycle by donating unwanted items around the house: clothes, toys, houseware
- Plant flowers, a tree or a vegetable garden.
Give to Animals:
- Help a stray animal (food, water, take it to a shelter or adopt it!)
- Make a bird feeder and keep it stocked with food.
- Click to Give with Greater Good to help animals in need one click at a time.
Give to People:
- Help feed people in need with The Free Rice Game.
- Help a neighbor take out their garbage, garden, cut their grass or shovel their snow.
- Smile at every person you see for a day.
How To Give Every Day
Take the 365give Challenge. It’s easy, it’s fun and most of all it’s world changing.
Sign up today! Share with friends, family and co-workers and tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the #365give hashtag.
Share your stories and inspire more people to “Change the World 1 give, 1 day at a time.”