Family Giving Ideas for #Do1Give Day – Make Giving the Norm
Wouldn’t it be nice to make giving the norm in our world today? What would a world look like if everyone considered giving and being kind the best way to help ourselves and our communities? #Do1Give Day is fast approaching and it is your opportunity to get involved to make giving the norm! You can give with your family and spread the love through giving on this one day that marks the 5th annual global event. Brainstorm some ideas for giving with your family members and choose some ideas that make sense for you and your family. Once you have your ideas, make a plan and make it happen on April 28, 2022 so you can be part of #Do1Give Day this year.
#Do1Give Day Ideas to Get Your Family Giving
- Kindness starts with gratitude. Take turns around the dinner table and name 3 things you are thankful for or that make you happy.
- Help a sibling, neighbour, or friend with their homework.
- Buy extra cans of food at the grocery store and donate them to the food bank. Let kids help you choose food that contains protein and essential nutrients to share with others.
- Pick up garbage on a neighbourhood walk or on your way home from school.
- Take in the garbage and recycling cans for a neighbour.
- Plant flowers in your yard, on your balcony or in a window that will attract butterflies or bees. Once they start growing, you can transplant them into a boulevard or community space to share.
- Get paid for doing chores around the house and put the money in a jar to donate to any local charity.
- Write a letter or card to a relative that lives out of town. Kids can draw or paint a picture to send to grandparents or other relatives. People love to receive mail and pictures, or photos can really brighten someone’s day.
- Walk a neighbour’s dog or offer to play with neighbourhood kids to give the parents a break.
- Clean out a closet and donate clothes, toys or other items to a local shelter or charity.
Ride the Happiness Wave On #Do1Give Day
Did you know that one act of giving has a “triple ripple” effect? Its true. Giving makes you happy. Giving makes the recipient happy. And watching a person participate in an act of giving or be the recipient of an act of giving makes you happy. That’s 3x the happiness for one act of giving. Talk about a wave of happiness. We have a ton of resources for you to use on #Do1Give Day and all of them are free for you to use! Get inspired and start planning your give for April 28, 2022.