5 Easy Ways You Can Give From Your Hammock on #NationalHammockDay
Looking for new ways you can give? Summer is here, and it is #National Hammock Day! Did you know you can still give to others and create happiness right from your hammock? If you don’t have a hammock, these gives can be done from your chair, your beach blanket, or while you are lying in the grass in a local park. Giving is easy and these gives show you how easy giving truly is! The nice bonus is, these easy gives still have a positive impact on you, who you give to and those who just might witness your give from your hammock! Giving does not have to a big gesture to have impact, and somedays a simple gesture has more impact. These gives are proof in the pudding that simple is in many ways as good, if not better than, big things.
Ways You Can Give On #NationalHammock Day – Happy Giving!
- Use Your Social Media For Good! – Like, share, or comment on a person’s social media platform. Compliment their post, share a social media link of a business’s SM account with others, add a thank you emoji to a social media post. So many of us just watch or read social media posts and slip back out of a feed. Make a point today of saying something or doing something with someone else’s created content.
- Gratitude Text – Send a text message to a family member, a friend, a colleague or neighbour that expresses your gratitude for them or something they have done. It could be as simple as ‘Thank you for being you’, or a bit longer where you point out an actual action they did which you are grateful for. Add some loving emojis to show the emotion you feel as you write and send that text message.
- Thinking of You Video – A video can show a lot more emotion some days than a text message. It is also nice to share you with your message so others have a deeper connection. Send off a video that shows another – I see you – and say thinking of you today, or hey, just wondering how you are, or video message that is personal for the two of you. Look into the camera as though you are looking at the person you are sending the message to so they feel seen! We all need to be seen and a video message is a great way to do this. If you want to make it a video call, go for it!
- Sign an Online Petition – Show your support for a cause in a positive way! Lots of online petitions exist, but showing your support for something you care about means a lot to those who are dedicated to the issue. Having feedback from others who are supporting a similar concern energizes the organizers to keep pushing. Your support, your click, your message is a give that shows others you are with them in their need for change.
- A Simple Thank – You – You decide the best way to relay this message to someone, or something. It could be as simple as thanking the planet – out loud – for giving you this beautiful day. It could be thanking someone for their support, their smile, their friendship, or help with a recent task. Remember that person or thing that has given you a smile lately, or brought you some joy or saved you some time through a kind action, and thank them. A thank you goes a long way for a long time!
Watch Giving Spread When You Show Others How Easy It Is
Your simple give today will show others how easy it is to make others feel happier. The joy you bring to one person will inspire them to share a give to another. Giving is powerful, but this ripple effect of giving is even more powerful. I have witnessed kids at school that have received a give from another student and then 5 minutes later decided to do something kind to another student. I have seen a colleague receive a give, which changed their state of mind, and had them motivated to do the same to another colleague. I hear from our 365give members who were motivated to start giving as they felt the persona impact of receiving a give from another. Your small action today on #NationalHammock Day (who thought of this national holiday anyway 🙂 ) will start a ripple of giving through your community and have impact. So what are you waiting for? Test it out, give from your heart, and see how you feel, how others feel and how your give spreads beyond your hammock.
Not a member yet? Sign up for a free 365give membership to keep you inspired about giving every day using simple gives that ripple through your world.