10 Easy Ways Kids are Changing the World In School
Kids are changing the world and we love when this happens! We will always remember the very first school that started The 365give Challenge. What amazed us the most we how excited the students were to get their ideas flowing and start giving! The couldn’t wait for their 365give week in their school.
Our school program has spread all over the world with over 300 schools participating in The 365give Challenge. We are still amazed to this day the wonderful ideas students have to give in their schools.
I had a chance to personally speak with 4 very special students – Lyla, Jacob, Julian and Kayla – along with their teachers at Holliswood School in New York City via a live video call last week. The lives they are touching and the happiness they are spreading at their school is making us do the happy dance every day!
10 Easy Ways to Give at School Inspired by “The Holliswood Heroes”
1) Make Dog Treats for a local Animal Shelter – Four Our Friends Dog Rescue
2) Complete “Color a Smile “pages with boxes of colored pencils donated to classes for their “Cozy Corners”.
3) Be “Good Deed Detectives” where students have two hours to notice and write down when a classmate or someone’s showed them respect or kindness.
4) Collect donations of an unwrapped new toy for Toys for Tots.
5) Gather donations of a useful household item or canned food that will be donated to needy families in Haiti or another country that could benefit from your donation.
6) Sharpen pencils for other students
7) Hang Positive Posters around the school.
8) Create hand-made birthday cards for the school custodian or another school employee
9) Complete a Sock Drive for Knock Knock Give a Sock. The Holliswood heroes donated 208 pairs
10) Complete a 5-minute garbage clean up in the halls of the school.
Kids are Changing the World – Educator’s Feedback About The 365give Challenge
They brought a rescue dog named “Whiskey” and the kids were able to feed him the treats. He loved them! The kids were thrilled and I never saw them all so happy! They were able to make the connection between their give and the animals they were helping. Tears of joy were shed by students and adults after the awesome surprise visit from “Whiskey”.
“A beautiful example of impact in this profession: We are really excited and thrilled with the work Class 591, Mrs. Peters and Ms. Cella are doing. They are really “knocking our socks off” with their commitment to building empathy and spreading kindness.”
Empower The Kids In Your Classroom By Giving Every Day!
The positive effects of empowering kids to give are so simple yet so power. It’s the Social Emotional Learning that connects students to each other, their school community and the world. The best news a happy, engaged, regulated student learns at their best. It’s the daily dose of happiness that can transform your school.
Join the The 365give Challenge today with your school, your classroom or a small group at your school. It’s never too early to teach kids to give.