Adult Books About Giving and Kindness
We just completed a list of children’s books about giving and kindness. Now have our adult list of books about giving and kindness. The cozy fall season is the best time for book-lovers to get lost in a good book (and the changing leaves).
Reading allows us to educate ourselves on unexplored topics and challenge our way of thinking. A good book (fictional or non-fictional) can make us smile, cry, or laugh, and the best ones often help us find deeper meaning.
If you are looking to get inspired to give, reading about the power of giving and its benefits, as well as real-life stories of how others in your local and global communities are giving back may be the perfect start to your path of philanthropy.
Order any of these books at your local book store as your give for the day. Buying locally is a great way to give and who better to support than your local bookstore!
Great Books About Giving And Kindness For Adults
Here is a list of adult non-fictional titles about giving, kindness and philanthropy that inspire us to start giving and keep giving.
- The Little Book of Kindness: Everyday Actions to Change Your Life and the World Around You by Bernadette Russell – Goodreads Review
- Simple Giving: Easy Ways to Give Everyday by Jennifer Iacovelli – Goodreads Review
- 100 under $100: 100 Tools for Empowering Global Women by Betsy Teutsch – Goodreads Review
- A Simple Act of Gratitude: How Learning to Say Thank You Changed My Life by John Kralik – Goodreads Review
- Giving 2.0: Transform Your Giving and Our World by Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen – Goodreads Review
- Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by Bill Clinton – Goodreads Review
- The Power of Kindness: The Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life by Pierro Ferucci – Goodreads Review
- Dare to Be Kind: How Extraordinary Compassion Can Transform Our World by Lizzie Velasquez and Catherine Avril Morris – Goodreads Review
Add One of These Books to Your Fall Reading List and Start Giving
Although the Fall can be a busy time of year due to work and school, taking whatever time you can out of your day to read about giving and kindness can be extremely rewarding. Reading not only stimulates the brain, but also reduces stress. Pick one or two of these titles to add to your reading list for the season or the year.
After getting inspired, the next step is putting what you learn from your readings into practice. Starting simple by giving in whatever small ways you can will still allow you to make a difference and inspire others. Your giving journey is yours to determine.
Read more about giving ideas at 365give to help forge a more compassionate world.