World Wildlife Day – Animal Gives That Change The World
March 3, 2020 marks World Wildlife Day, a day to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild animals and plants through animals gives – acts of kindness towards animals that make lives happier. Animal Gives That Change The World can also change you so why not give some of these ideas a try. Animals and plants can bring so much joy into our lives from the companionship of our pets to the beauty of seeing animals thrive in their natural habitats. Participate in the celebration of this important day by incorporating one of these gives for animals into your daily giving routine.
Simple Animal Give Ideas That Make A Difference
- Incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet. Not only will you be saving the lives of animals, you’ll also be taking action to fight climate change and improving the health of our planet. You can start small by incorporating one plant based meal a day into your diet or give Meatless Mondays a try.
- Visit an animal sanctuary. Every day wild and domestic animals find themselves without shelter and basic needs. Animal sanctuaries ensure that these animals receive the highest standard of care during their rescue and rehabilitation. Check out this list of accredited sanctuaries to find one near you. If you can not visit, share their information on your social media channels so people become aware of the great work these sanctuaries do.
- Volunteer at your local humane society or animal shelter. Volunteers help these organization provide essential care to the animals in need. Help out by walking dogs, playing with cats or dropping off needed supplies like blankets and food.
4. Visit a national park. National parks protect important land and marine habitats and sites of cultural significance. By spending time in a national park, you’ll be doing something great for your mental and physical health while supporting a safe place for native plants and animals to live.
5. Support companies that don’t test on animals. Be mindful of your purchasing power and only purchase products that are free from animal cruelty. You’ll help end cruel tests on animals and send a powerful message to companies that still do. Check out this list of cruelty free brands and use it as a guide when shopping.
6. If you can, make a donation to one of the many organizations that are helping animals that survived the devastating bushfires in Australia and are facing homelessness, starvation and dehydration. World Animal Protection or The New South Wales-based Wildlife Information and Rescue and Education Service Inc. are doing amazing work and could use your support.
7. Use your voice. Post on social media to spread the word about World Wildlife day. Share your own ideas for animal gives and inspire others to do one thing a day that will benefit animals using the hashtags #365give #365giveanimal gives. You can also use the hashtag #tagurit and add some friends to the list so they are inspired to also start giving.
If you incorporate one of these gives into your giving routine, you’ll make a tremendous impact on the animals and plants that are invaluable to our world. Sign up for your free 365give membership and start giving every day to change the world.