Why Your Community Group Should Start Giving
This is why a community group should start giving as part of their community service. Community Groups that Give Together, stay together! it is true! We all join community groups for so many reasons. It is a great way to learn new skills, meet new friends and be a part of our community. If you add a giving to your list using our 365give Challenge, you will find your time with your community group is even more rewarding, will make you happier, and will spread happiness through your community.
Benefits of Giving With Your Community Group
We all know there are huge benefits to being part of a community group. But what happens when you add giving with your community group into your mission.
Here are just a few of the benefits your group will achieve if you add giving to your activities:
- Builds a positive culture at school, home and in other group settings when your group adopts a mission to complete small acts of giving
- Celebrates and integrates community involvement into your community group activities
- Nurtures inclusiveness, respect, pluralism, and a sense of belonging among diverse groups
- Effects a positive impact among local and global communities
- Encourages participants to work together and helps them feel a sense of connection with each other and their community
So what kind of giving are we talking about? The 365give Challenge is all about small acts of giving. You don’t need money, you just need a bit of creativity and a big desire to generate happiness for your group and those in your community.
Community Group Small Act of Giving Ideas
Here are some popular small acts of giving perfect for community groups. If you are unable to get together as a group in person due to Covid restrictions, we have added some virtual giving ideas to keep you motivated and engaged.
- Write gratitude notes to public service employees in your community. Fire Halls, local homeless shelters, community park employees, waste collectors, security personnel. It takes a lot of work and a lotta love to keep our communities clean, safe and and beautiful. They deserve a note of gratitude, a big thank you, or just a note that recognizes what they do for our communities.
- Send letters to seniors – This is a very impactful give. Seniors are important parts of community, and many times they are forgotten. The pandemic has this group particularly hard hit and left isolated in their residences. Send letters of friendship to seniors and share a story that is important to you.
- Put up signs in a local park, green space or walking path that highlights the importance to take care of our environment as a community. Make it fun. Use recycled materials to make the signs.
- Paint stones that have positive sayings and put them around your community. This is a popular give. People love seeing positivity around them. These hand painted stones will make others smile, feel good and bring happiness to them when they read them.
- Volunteer at a local food bank or soup kitchen. A monthly group volunteer gig is a great way to give. Find a not for profit in your community that could do with a hand once a month for a few hours.
- Donate books and clothing to a local shelter. We all could do with a closet cleaning. Imagine if everyone from your community group donated two closthing items and one book per person. You would end up with a substantial donation for families and kids in need.
These are just a few small acts of giving you can do with your group. What you will create is a lot of happy people. When you give, you are happier. The people who receive your give are also happier. It is a win win situation for your community and your group.
How to Start Giving With Your Community Group
So starting a giving practice with your community group is easy. Get together either virtually or in person and start a list of 7 gives you can do as a group. Write them down, set a date to complete your small act of giving, and work towards completing one give a week as a group. If you are on lockdown, complete your gives independently at home, but share your give virtually with other members through photos and videos. Inspire other groups to take up giving by posting on social media. Giving is easy once you know how to do it, sometimes we just need a bit of guidance, and some great ideas to get us started.
#Do1Give Day Is April 21, 2021
If you want to test the waters, why not sign your community group up for our annual giving event #Do1Give Day. This event is designed to get people to try out a give and see how easy it is. It also lets you witness how you feel and how happiness spreads when you complete a small act of giving.
Check out 365give and get inspired to start giving with your community group. The benefits are great, and happiness is your reward! Find a program that works for you and start giving!