#National Laughter Day Gives! Lets All Smile As We Give
Lets smile as we give and increase our happiness two fold on #National Laughter Day! There are health benefits to giving, we know that. And there are health benefits to laughing. So lets double our joy and happiness today by making our gives laughter! #National Laughter Day was introduced by Izzy Gesell with the focus to highlight the fact that laughing can cause a decrease in the production of stress hormones and as a result relieve anxiety. This was proven when cardiologist Dr. Michael Miller and his colleagues at the University of Maryland conducted a research study in 2005, which found that people who watched comedy movies had increased blood flow.
So what happens when we combine our giving with the intention to get others to laugh? A whole lot of happiness and health! Why not give these laughter gives a try and see what happens to you, to those who laugh due to your gives, and those who witness others laughing as a result of your funny gives.
6 Gives that Focus On Laughter For That Extra Dose of Happiness
This #National Laughter Day is a great time to start your gives that focus on making others and yourself laugh! I have to say when I was putting these laughter gives together, I felt great just planning them out! These gives do not have to be done on just #National Laughter Day. Try them out this week, but when you see and feel how these gives project a double dose of happiness, you might just want to do more laughter gives throughout the year.
- Make a silly face at a sibling or friend. The sillier the better! And watch both of you burst into laughter! The harder the laugh the better you will feel!
- Make a Laughter Card and add a funny joke inside. Deliver them to friends, your family or people at work, and see how much better people feel. Their smiles will be worth it!
- Just burst out laughing. Yup, just start laughing – on the bus, while you are waiting in line, while you are walking. There is something to be said about the effect this will have on others! They will start laughing too!
- Smile at people you see! You don’t need to know them, just smile. They will remember that person who spontaneously gave them a smile for the rest of the day!
- Share jokes face to face or through a text message. This is a great way to reach people who are not close by. Randomly send out some jokes to others or sit down at lunch and share your funny for the day.
- Send a laughing GIF to someone. Watching others laugh is as beneficial and contagious as yawning! They just might send you one back!
Laughter Is A Give That Just Keeps Giving
Giving has enormous benefits for our well being and happiness. Laughter just adds to it! Try these gives that focus on laughter and double the benefits of these activities. Your well being is worth it! The well being of others is worth it as well. None of these gives take a big effort but the payback is three fold. Find more daily giving ideas to keep your giving going! Giving can make the world go around in a much happier and kinder way!