Everyday Small Act of Giving for a Boost of Happiness
Who needs a boost of happiness? Whether you are in stage 1 or stage 4 of reopening during COVID, use these giving ideas to get that much needed boost of happiness. We have a list of giving options that will help you no matter where you are in the COVID process, so lets get the boost of happiness happening!
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
In your daily life at home, at the office, in your remote office or at summer school, one urgent and lasting question persists: what are you doing for others?
Daily Giving For an Increase in Happiness
Whether it be impromptu coffee for your coworkers or precious time spent working at the food bank, acts of service to others are an essential part of the human diet—chicken soup for the soul. These acts of giving—whether they be big or small—encourage a boost of happiness and daily self-comfort. And to whoever your act is directed at, from family to friends, to animals, and more, the receiving end will experience the same happiness and acknowledge your kindness.
Here are some everyday acts of giving that are sure to give you that boost of happiness:
- Pick up garbage and plastic at your local beach.
- Buy a coffee for your coworker.
- Help out at the homeless shelter.
- Take your pet on an extra-long walk.
- Give up your bus seat to another.
- Say hi and check up on your neighbors.
- Make breakfast for your family.
- Visit your local restaurants instead of big chain restaurants.
- Make a birdfeeder.
- Volunteer at the food bank.
- Compliment your sibling.
- Call your grandparents/parents just to talk.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Say “please” and “thank you.”
- Leave a generous tip when ordering food online – for either delivery or curbside pick up.
- Send a “good morning!/good night!” text to a friend.
- Give out a genuine compliment to a loved one.
- Donate your old, unused books to your local library.
- Bake cookies for family and friends.
- Offer to foot the dinner bill on a night out.
- Wish someone a happy birthday.
- Forgive someone who made a mistake.
- Send a thank you letter.
- Encourage yourself to stop complaining about the little things.
- Spread awareness about injustice and racial biases on social media.
- Help tutor a struggling student.
- Donate to a trusted charity.
- Send a card to a local nursing home so residents feel seen.
- Be an active listener.
- Join the 365Give family!
There Is Always An Opportunity In Each Day To Give
Wherever you are, whether you find yourself at work, at home, or at school, the opportunity to give is always present! Gives—no matter their size and apparent depth—boost happiness and nourish the human appetite in a way that nothing else can. Although we might be caught up in our daily hustle and bustle, the simplest acts can be the most meaningful. Even just a small compliment or black coffee can uplift well-being on both the receiving and giving end.
To learn more giving ideas, sign-up as a member at 365Give to receive updates on our blog!