Daily Gives Children Can Do For Their Parents
Giving starts at home right? If you want to start giving why not start giving to your parents. It will make you and your home a happier place. We are big supporters of Families doing daily gives together but why not take the initiative and do a few daily gives for your own parents! Parents are precious and without them none of us would exist. My dad taught me the art of giving so why not start a giving culture in your home with these easy gives.
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. Dalai Lama
Daily Gives You Can Do Right At Home
Get your giving calendar ready. Add a few of these daily gives to keep happiness in your home. Get Ready, Start, Go!
- Do an extra chore around the house.
- Make a picnic lunch or dinner using fresh veggies, cold cuts and fresh bread. No cooking required, just make a meal right from the fridge.
- Make a thank you card for your parents. Write five things your parents do that you are thankful for.
- Give your allowance to your parents.
- Give your mom or dad one hour of free time.
- Ask each parent to share one of their favorite childhood stories with you.
- Give your parents a hug – just because.
- Put gratitude notes in your parents bedroom, in their bathroom, in their work bag or purse, and in the kitchen.
- Plan a family activity your parents will enjoy and join them.
- Create a piece of artwork from recycled objects
- Ask how you can help today and do that task.
- Frame a photo of your family
- Use your allowance to buy your parents a drink, a coffee or snack. Treat them!
- Smile at your parents.
Now how easy is that. Add a few of these gives to your weekly or monthly giving calendar and see how the giving culture in your home shifts. The happiness from these gives will shake up your household and make both you and your parents happy. That is surely a win – win situation.
Happiness is not having what you want. It is appreciating what you have.
Start your 365give Challenge as a family or on your own. Instigate a personal giving culture and inspire others to adopt this lifestyle. It is world changing and will rock your world as well as those you give to. Give it a try. You just may like it.