Classroom Gives for International Day of Happiness
If you want a simple way to celebrate International Day of Happiness at school plan some giving activities!
Research tells us one of the easiest ways to increase your personal happiness is to give! We have some fun and easy ways you can increase and reflect on your student’s happiness for this special day.
7 Easy Ways to Increase Happiness In the Classroom for International Day of Happiness
- Happy Face Bombs: Have each Student create their own happy face and post them all around the school on International Day of Happiness to make everyone smile!
- Post it Note Messages: Write positive messages on post it notes and leave them in all the places other students will find them as a surprise – lockers, washrooms, coat hooks, doors inside and out!
- Sing Happy Songs: If you want to feel better songs about happiness can change everyone’s mood. Here are a few for kids to get you going. Have younger kids perform for other classroom and older students to teach younger kids!
- Happy Little Moment Cards: Our friend in the Netherlands makes special cards to spread the happiness all over the country! Check out her work and make cards for your to give to Friends and family.
- Happiness Bench: Plan to host a happiness bench out on the playground. Decorate one bench so it feels happy, warm and welcoming. Plan to tell jokes, play games, read stories together for everyone to join. The bench is specially to spread happiness on International Day of Happiness!
Happiness is an emotional skill that can be taught and cultivated in the classroom. Happy brains are more productive, more creative, calmer, healthier and friendlier! It reduces impulsive and disruptive behavior and allows children to regulate their emotions reducing stress and anxiety. All in all, a happy classroom helps everyone! Especially the teachers!
For more great ideas and tools sign up today as a school or classroom. It’s all free all the time because we know giving can change everything!