25 Easy Ways to Volunteer to Help Climate Change in Your Community
Climate change is an increasingly important topic in any community. It’s a global concern and something every person can take action for. You can volunteer to help climate change in your community today!
There are so many ways that you can volunteer your personal efforts towards the climate change issue and helping our planet. Here are a few ways to take action to help protect and preserve the world’s environment.
25 Easy Ways to Help Climate Change:
- Plant trees in your local community.
- Recycle anything that you can.
- Participate in a community cleanup at a local park and put items in their proper bings: waste, recycling, or compost.
- Ensure that you put the correct items in the compost, recycling, and waste bins within your own homes.
- Educate your friends and family members on which items go into which waste, recycling, and compost bin.
- Join a local club focused on advocating for climate change issues.
- Host an event that educates your community on climate change and environmental issues.
- Donate to a local climate change non-profit organization.
- Volunteer for an organization that protects wildlife.
- Donate to an organization that protects and educates individuals about wildlife.
- Start a community garden.
- Create an event that sells reusable items, such as bags for grocery shopping, to reduce plastic use.
- Create a club or committee at your workplace or school that promotes recycling and reducing plastic use.
- Host a fundraiser that collects money to be donated towards an environmental non profit.
- Donate your used goods to reduce garbage and save energy in creating new items.
- Try to purchase more items from second-hand or consignment stores.
- Create an event to have individuals exchange their used goods rather than discard them.
- Collect used goods from your friends and family to donate to local charities and thrift stores.
- Unplug your electronics and turn off your lights when you don’t use them. Saving electricity reduces your carbon footprint.
- Choose locally grown food to purchase to help lower transportation costs of imported food items from other areas.
- Plan an event that promotes locally grown food.
- Carpool with colleagues to work or friends to school to reduce pollution.
- Better yet, start a biking and walking club with your colleagues or friends to work or school to reduce pollution. Remember – every day counts.
- Share facts about climate change and the importance of sustainability, going green initiatives, conservation, and environmental education on social media.
- Write to, email, and call your local politicians, business leaders, and media to discuss the importance of sustainability and environmental goals.
Remember – every small step goes a long way. And every little thing each one of us does will help improve our environment in a big way! All of us can make a change – start today!
Want more ideas to help our planet? Join 365give and help change the world through small acts of daily giving.