Posts tagged good deeds
‘Tis the season to give but not all of us have the means to make cash donations to our favourite charities. What if instead of giving cash you did one “good deed” every day between now and Christmas. My friend Alex of @Good_Indeed on Twitter has done just that – committed to one good deed every day for 365 days, tweeting his good deed each day.
He is on day 317 of 365 days of good deeds and 365give got his very personal Top 10 favourite ways to inspire you to “do good” every day.
Guest Post by Alex D @Good_Indeed
- The same way a dirty look or a disrespectful gesture can spoil our day and contribute to our bitterness;
- The same way a smile or a helping hand can make a world of a difference and help us get closer to one another.
- Top 10 list of Good Deeds
- Day 3: Collected used batteries from my neighbours for proper recycling. Got to know them better and helped the environment. Double bonus!
- Day16: Now save energy by lowering the thermostat & unpluging evil phantom loads before I go out or go to sleep.
- Day38: Volunteered to teach in friend’s high school. Spoke about opportunities in the solar industry. Great group of kids!
- Day49: Sent nice greeting card to a stranger I randomly picked out of the phone book. #RandomActsOfKindess
- Day126: Performed at concert organized by the Harold Napper School to raise funds for Japanese disaster victims.
- Day155: Traded our Toyota for the pleasures of a nice BMW (Bus, Metro, Walk). It’s the beginning of a new, greener lifestyle.
- Day175: Prevented teenager from hurting his girlfriend. We can all help stop violence in teen couples…It starts with education.
- Day283: Bought coffee for the people behind me at the drive through. The look on their faces was priceless.
- Day287: Had long chat with a homeless man and bought him lunch. Poor guy lived from pay-check to pay-check. Lost it all when he lost his job.
- Day301: Raised $440 in 36 hours for children without a voice, as part of Free the Children’s Vow of Silence campaign.