- The Science of Giving
- Intermediate Lesson Plans
- High School Lesson Plans
- Primary Lesson Plans
- Educator Resources
- Impact Tools
- Giving Ideas
- The 365give Challenge
- About Us
Posts tagged ethical
Just 20 days of giving left and I have discovered yet another way
to use my hard earned money and spend it for “good”.
Day 346: Give 346
This give is specific to Vancouver but it may inspire you to think about how you use your money for good. Many of us (actually millions) use the Groupon type sites that are popping up all over the social media world. I am a big Groupon and Living Social deal user. I get everything from weekend getaways to messages for amazing prices – up to 80% off many services. It allows my husband and I to treat ourselves to luxuries we might not consider otherwise.
There is now a company in Vancouver that is changing the face of group purchases. I can still get great deals but with every deal purchased I am doing some good.
Meet Ethically Hip. This is how one company is doing their part to change the world.
Ethically Hip is a unique spin on the daily deal sites such as Groupon and Living Social (we love you man). We offer the same fantastic deals to consumers and give great branding and exposure to our participating businesses. So what’s the difference?
- Our focus is on local charities and we give 100% of the net proceeds to our charity partners.
- Each month we partner with local charities, some great local businesses, and most importantlygreat people like you!
- Aside from daily deals we also have a few new twists on the daily deal model that we know you are going to love.
- We are proudly Canadian and are based in Vancouver British Columbia (Go Canucks!). This ensures that the money stays in your town benefiting local charities and developing community involvement.
- The Deal today? 2 pounds of ONEbean organic coffee and 2 boxes of Tega organic tea! I’m saving the planet with this one as well.
- All proceeds are being donated to the Greater Vancouver Food Banks.
Do you have a unique way you shop that gives back? Share you secret, we all want to know how to best spend our money that will do good.
Time Commitment: 3 minutes for the online purchase
Cost: price of the deal