- The Science of Giving
- Intermediate Lesson Plans
- High School Lesson Plans
- Primary Lesson Plans
- Educator Resources
- Impact Tools
- Giving Ideas
- The 365give Challenge
- About Us
This user hasn't shared any biographical information
Posts by jacqueline
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/c365give/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 910
‘Tis the season to shop, shop and shop some more. We shop for friends, family, our kids and ourselves. What if every dollar you spent made a difference and gave back and you could do it all online? Save time (no trying to find a parking spot in the overcrowded malls!) and get all your holiday shopping done right from the comfort of your home. Shop & give. ‘Tis the season to give so why not do it with every purchase.
365give Top 7 Ways to Shop and Give
2) Social Vest: Make everyday purchases count!
3) iGive: Change shopping for good. Shop using iGive AND up to 26% of your purchase at over 900 great stores is automatically get donated to your favourite cause.
4) The Hunger Site: Every purchase fights famine in the Horn of Africa and combats hunger in the U.S. Each item you buy funds at least 25 cups of food for the world’s hungry — at no extra cost to you! Charities include Mercy Corps, Feeding America, and Millennium Promise. Check out how you can click to give for free too!
5) Cafe Give: You are making a difference one purchase at a time. Over 300 retailers that make every purchase count.
6) Give as You Live: Thousands of stores will donate money to charity every time you purchase.
7) We-Care.com: Choose the nonprofit, school, or association you want to support. More than 2000 online merchants — from retailers to travel and financial services — participate in our program. Many offer special coupons and discounts.
8) Cause and Object: For every cause their is an object. This site will give you shopping ideas for unique items that give back with every purchase. This is an ideas only site. It’s 1 persons mission to help spread the good. Our favourite quote from the site “Buying products where proceeds are going to charity is a great start, but don’t let it sway you from giving back in other ways to whatever cause you’re behind.”
Changing the world couldn’t be easier. If you have to shop this holiday season – shop for good. Put your money to good with every purchase. Giving everyday made easy.
Have you got a favourite shop and give site? Share it with us to spread the shopping good this season.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.
True charity is the desire to be useful to others without thought of recompense.
The highest expression of love is to give, without expecting.
Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show for any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
I do not know what your destiny will be, but the one thing I know: the only ones among you who will really be happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.
If you want to make a decision to be a strategic philanthropist … it has to be something you’re deeply passionate about -It’s not sustainable unless you’re in it for your emotional connection.
We can all change the world, one give at a time.
Jacqueline Way Founder 365give
If you are not poor enough to take charity, you are rich enough to give it.
Do you have a favourite giving quote you would like to share? Leave us a comment or see 365give on Facebook to share your inspiration to give.
Remembrance Day for many is a day of reflection and a day of thanks for all those that gave their lives in the name of their countries.
Today I was reminded of something from my 4 year old son about Remembrance Day it’s not just about war but about peace. He didn’t learn about the war we honour on this day but instead he learned about peace.
If we teach our children about peace we won’t have to remember those that have died in past wars. Our children could be the generation that won’t start the wars but practice peace.
Could there really be such a world? Will you give your children the gift of teaching them about peace?
Today’s post is to share the message that my son shared with me today. A message of peace pasted to a poppy he made in school. We should send this message around the world in hopes one day we all choose kindness, consideration, giving and peace.
Poppy we are but children small
We are too little to do it all
Children you may do your part
Love each other is how you start
Play without fighting.
Share your games and toys.
Be kind and thoughtful,
To all girls and boys.