This is who we are and what we do
• The 365give mission is to empower children through education to change the world one child, one give, one day at a time
How we envision completing this mission
• The 365give vision is to educate the hearts and minds of children to create lasting positive social change both locally and globally through the experience of daily giving.
This is how we do it
• 365give is committed to the creation and maintenance of a global giving movement for the younger generation.
• 365give works with educators to motivate and educate children to give every day of the school year.
• 365give works with educators to create positive school cultures through our programs and partnerships.
• 365give helps measure the positive social impact that giving has on the world with The Giving Tree and Daily Giving Journal.
• 365give has partnered with researchers to identify and measure the impact giving has on children their well-being, the way they learn, school cultures, and their community.
2010 – 365give – 365give began as an independent parenting project by Jacqueline Way. Jacqueline made a commitment to her oldest son (then, age 3) to give back to the world every day for one year. Their journey was publicly recorded through a blog as a way to document their daily giving and inspire others to give more in their lives. The response to the first 365 days of this giving sparked a desire and determination to develop a daily giving concept that would involve children globally.
2013 – The 365give Challenge – 365give Founder, Jacqueline Way partnered with West Vancouver teacher and mother, Sareh Donaher to create The 365give Challenge. Their dream was to start a ‘giving’ movement that would bring positive social change to the world. Both women brought a wealth of experience and professional expertise to the table. Sareh has been an educator for over 10 years and Jacqueline has been involved in the not-for-profit sector for over 20 years.
2014 – 275 Students Participate in a Pilot of the First 365give Challenge – Jacqueline and Sareh brought The 365give Challenge to their first schools as a pilot program. The pilot included three schools, 13 educators and over 275 students in West Vancouver. The student’s enthusiastically embraced The 365give Challenge and educators easily adapted the program into their curriculum.
2015 – 900 Students Participate in The 365give Challenge – The success of The 365give Challenge pilot instantly began to grow a giving movement. The official launch of the program included 5 schools and over 900 students.
2016 – 25 Schools and Over 8000 Students – With the hard work and dedication by volunteers and The Board of Directors, The 365give Challenge exploded. 365give is now a non-for-profit organization operating by the generous support of private and corporate donations. The 365give Challenge now includes 25 schools and over 8000 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 completing thousands of daily gives. Student Leadership groups embraced The 365give Challenge encouraging and supporting their piers to join the giving movement.
2017 – Jacqueline Way makes to the TED Stage in Vancouver – Listen to Jacqueline talk about her inspiration for 365give at TEDx Stanley Park. This inspiring talk will have you giving back every day and getting others to join in.